Did you know...
We have been communicating the goodness of Hovis bread since 1892 when we began placing adverts in leading national magazines and newspapers talking about the health benefits of wheatgerm.
Facebook Like Bread Leaderboard
Soft White Rolls
Granary Original Rolls
This website (“our site”) is operated by a member of the Premier Foods group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Premier Foods plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 00281728 and registered address Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 2RE, United Kingdom).
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', 'company' or “Premier Foods” within this policy are deemed to refer to Premier Foods plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you either when you register with or use our site or otherwise contact us:
• When you contribute, or upload any information, to the Site, we will store such information for the purpose of providing the Site.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or when you contribute, or upload any information, to our site.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services or contacting us e.g. through the “Contact us” section of the site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal data will be processed.
• The Premier Foods Group of companies makes many well known brands. We may collate any information about you which is provided to any of our brands.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right as an individual to find out what personal information we hold about you and to request that we correct any errors in your personal information. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Also, you may request that we do not use your personal information. Should you wish to exercise these rights please complete our Contact Us form.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information within Premier Foods’ group of companies and to selected third parties. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may at any time delete these cookies from your computer or adjust your browser settings to reject or disable cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to reject cookies ,our system may issue cookies when you log on to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our, or our supplier's secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We will also use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
• to monitor your use of the site;
• to aggregate statistics about users, traffic patterns and related site information in an anonymous form.; and
• To notify you about changes to our service and our site.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone, only if you have consented to this.
When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from our site, we will only send that individual the information that you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on you providing us with their information.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (for example, a competition entry form, order form or registration form). If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving such information from us please use the Contact Us form.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, unless you have consented to this, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on a particular part of our site on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help other parts of the Premier Foods Group and selected third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with the selected third parties, including any advertisers', wishes, for example by displaying an advertisement to its target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We value your personal information and only share such information with third parties that provide adequate protection for such information.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• to carry out the uses of your information set out above on our behalf. We shall ensure that such parties keep your information confidential and do not use your information for any purpose other than permitted under this Agreement.
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Premier Foods Group or a substantial part of its assets (for example, one or more of the Premier Foods Group’s brands) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users and customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Public (or Interactive) areas of our sites
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g. bulletin boards, blogs and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not provide personal information about yourself in public (or interactive) areas of the site. Such personal information is not covered under this Privacy Statement and shall not be treated as confidential.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload information to the Site, or to make contact with other registered users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our site Terms, including the Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
In providing or uploading information to the site you grant us the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such information for the purposes set out in the Site Terms and Conditions.
If at any time you wish to leave the site, you can notify us by completing our Contact Us form. On receiving your notification and on receipt of a request from you to so, we will use reasonable endeavours to remove from the Site all information provided by you. We reserve the right to retain copies of any information that you provide for record keeping purposes and compliance with our legal obligations.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of information provided or uploaded to the Site by you or any other user of the Site.
We have the right to remove any information you provide or upload to the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with our acceptable use requirements set out in our Site Terms and Conditions.
You will be truthful and accurate in any information that you contribute or upload to the Site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting customer services.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Premier Foods Group (Company Number 00281728) of at Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 2RE.
Our registration number with the UK Information Commissioner's Office is Z7065722.